Monday, February 6, 2012

February

Each time I transition to or from school, I seem to experience a significant lag between posts. Perhaps it is because I am so constantly busy at school during the first weeks of the semester, or perhaps it is because, as a history major, I write papers so often that the thought of composing anything else seems a chore. Whatever the case, I must continue to remember that I write this blog because I enjoy writing and recording the events of my life-- not because I am obligated to do so.

That being said, here is a brief update on the life of Maddie since I've been back to school:

  1. I'm almost finished applying to graduate school programs at George Washington University, University of Delaware, Northeastern University, and Salem State University
  2. I have simultaneously been applying to positions within the Residential Life departments of the aforementioned schools
  3. UD is my top choice, although it's FAR from home (probably close to 8 hours by car)
  4. I've jumped back into social life with a vigor-- I'm determined to make the most of my last semester as an undergraduate!
  5. I've been working on organizing my Honors thesis so that I'll be able to graduate with High Honors, University Honors, Honors-In-Major, and be a part of the National History Honor Society
  6. It's rather a lot of work. 40 pages to be written between the end of February and April!
  7. I lost a lot of confidence and faith in myself and others at the end of last semester, and I know I've been holding onto anger, regret, and a sense of loss. But as long as I concentrate on positivity, a keeping an open mind, and the support of my friends and mentors, I will make it through
  8. As always, I've been keeping myself busy organizing Hall Council events-- the first HubClub of the semester is this coming Thursday!

That's about all I can think of for now, but I'll be sure to check in again if I think of anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment